The Deck Rejuvenation 11 Question Checklist


The Deck Rejuvenation 11 Question Checklist

Ask these 11 questions to any Deck Rejuvenation Company and you'll be
able to tell by their answers, who are the experts and who are the wannabes...

This is the safest way to choosing the best company to rejuvenate your deck. Download this list to your phone, then simply ask the questions...

1. Should I paint my deck or oil my deck?
Oil or stain is the better option. Try to avoid paint... it does a terrible job of protecting your deck.
2. Can I paint my previously oiled deck?
Paint won't stick to a previously oiled deck. You'll need to sand it back if you want to paint your
oiled deck.
3. Can I oil my previously painted deck?
Any paint on your deck will be highlighted through the oil and look terrible. You'll have to sand
your deck and remove all paint before you oil it.
4. How would you prepare my deck to get it ready for paint or oil?
This depends on the current condition of your deck. You'll need to refer to the guide for this one.


5. How do you apply the oil... Brush or lambs wool applicator?
Brush is best. It helps the oil to penetrate the surface of the timber. Equals longer protection.
6. How much oil do you need to put on?
Only what you deck can absorb. Apply only 2 to 3 thin coats.
7. Can you sand my decking so it’s really smooth?
Don't sand your deck so it's really smooth. It will stop the oil from penetrating deep into the decking boards. Use 80 grit sandpaper.
8. My deck is new, can I oil it straight away? 
Wait 3-6 months for your deck to weather and grey.
9. What time of day would you be oiling my deck?
Oil in the morning or late afternoon when it's not in the harsh sun. Avoid putting oil on your deck if there is any chance of rain.
10. What treatments do you recommend for my deck? Sand, cleaning, oiling. Etc.
No matter what treatment your deck needs, make sure the deck companies apply a wood brightener. If they don't mention using a brightener, they're skipping a vital step.
11. How often should I clean and oil my deck?
You should clean your deck at least every 6 months and then clean and oil every 12 months, 

These 11 questions are explained in greater detail in my article "The Homeowners Guide to Choosing the Right Deck Rejuvenation Company"

If you want to find out more about my Deck Rejuvenation services or any other service that I offer, you can check out my website here.

Thanks for reading...

Sincerely,

Jason

Deck Restoration Melbourne




Comments

Popular Posts